[WikiEN-l] Is editing for payment a fundamentally problematic conflict of...

Bartning at aol.com Bartning at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 14:30:54 UTC 2007

In a message dated 3/5/2007 11:15:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
michaeldavid86 at comcast.net writes:

This is  very much the way a hospital functions: A combination of paid staff
and  volunteers working together to accomplish the same goal - the best
patient  care possible. How these two groups get along in there interactions
is what  a culture is all about. Acceptance of this culture requires maturity
on the  part of the individual participants - and care and nurturing by  all.

<I don't think that's a good analogy in this day and age.  "In  Wikipedia,
the patients run the hospital" has become a worn out cliche, not to  mention
inappropriate because it's unfair.  We've got to think outside the  box - come up
with something new.

Granted I've experienced a wannabe psychiatric-nurse admin, but the
mental-health system's not supposed to fold in on itself for every reason in the
book, Murphy's Law to the extreme where ignorance and knowledge both lead to
dysfunction.

Many hospitals are nonprofit, but non-profit organizations themselves also
have structures.  We're going to get regional biases besides, being an
international encyclopedia.  Has anyone suggested separating  Wikipedia by country
rather than language, not that it would help mind  you?>

Vincent Bartning
UN: John Wallace Rich

http://www.aol.com.