[WikiEN-l] Accountability: bringing back a proposal I made nearly 2 years...

Bartning at aol.com Bartning at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 13:50:20 UTC 2007

In a message dated 3/5/2007 12:58:43 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jwales at wikia.com writes:

How to  confirm? What counts as confirmation?  What sorts of things need
confirmation? These are very interesting questions, as there are many
types of situations.  But one thing that we have always been very  very
good at is taking the time to develop a nuanced  policy.

I wouldn't say academia should be the only criteria for credibility.   What
about work in field or exposure to it?  Someone who fought in World  War II or
a family member who had their loved one being killed in action  provides
exposure to the topics involved.  Often, historians interview  those involved.
Slavery and the Civil War provide other  examples.

Vincent Bartning
UN: John Wallace Rich
http://www.aol.com.