[WikiEN-l] Accountability: bringing back a proposal I made nearly 2 years ago

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 23:28:21 UTC 2007

On 06/03/07, Sheldon Rampton <sheldon at prwatch.org> wrote:

> The solution: WIKIPEDIA NEEDS AN HONESTY POLICY. It needs to state

Can I just say this is a brilliant idea, per Bruce Schneier's paper on
this style of security:

    http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/02/cya_security_1.html

I would also like to propose new rules in a similar vein, since
(thankfully) you can in fact change people's thought processes by
altering text on a policy page:

* Don't Rob Banks And Send The Money To The Foundation To Make A Point
* Don't Kill Your Fellow Wikipedians And Eat Their Brains To Make A Point
* Don't Climb The Reichstag Dressed As Spiderman To Make A Point
* Don't Shove Beans Up Your Nose

- d.