[WikiEN-l] Essjay RFC deleted

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Mar 6 22:41:03 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:

>>Not really.  However long the RfC turns out to be it's not going to
>>change the simple fact that EssJay is still only one person.  The lack
>>of evidence that others have done this only tells me that this is a
>>one-off situation.
>>

>Essjay is one person out of maybe half a dozen with a similar level of
>responsibility. 1 out of 6 is quite a high rate...

I wasn't aware that we had identified anothe 5 users who had falsified
credentials, but even so your inference is somewhat strangely
backwards.  It means that if we had identified only one other the rate
of 1 in 2 would be even worse!  The more important and useful statistic
is the number of thes people as a ratio of total editors.

Ec