[WikiEN-l] Rename admins to janitors

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 22:15:49 UTC 2007

on 3/6/07 12:38 PM, Cormac Lawler at cormaggio at gmail.com wrote:

> As well as writing an
> encyclopedia, we're also here to create the *culture* within which to
> do so - and culture doesn't just exist in policy documents, nor
> materialise out of thin air - culture is something that we all
> actively construct as an inherent part of writing this encyclopedia.

Yes! Culture is about how people regard and treat each other within a group.
And the quality of that culture will ultimately be reflected in the work
that group produces. Does this really require a written policy? Do we really
need to write down instructions on how to treat someone? Treat them the way
you would like to be treated. It's a no-brainer. (Unless you are a masochist
- which is a whole other issue).

Marc Riddell