[WikiEN-l] Correction to New Yorker Article

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri Mar 2 20:35:06 UTC 2007

So I'm a little troubled at the chaos surrounding the current Essjay
issue. I was hoping that Essjay would return, answer the many questions
that have arisen, and make this problem go away. That hasn't happened,
though. There seems to be a lot of discussion in a lot of places, much
of it heated, and none of it apparently moving to resolution.

Several people, including those advocating deletion of
[[Wikipedia:Community noticeboard/Essjay]], suggest that the right thing
to do is to start up a RFC or an RFAr. That seems like a good step
forward to me, or at least the least bad option on the table. I was
hoping somebody else would do it, but that's not happening either.

Do people have other suggestions? And of the two, which do people see as
better?

Thanks,

William

--