[WikiEN-l] WP:ATT

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 04:24:21 UTC 2007

On 2/28/07, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Weird, WP:OR (No original research) and WP:V (Verifiability) have been
> merged into WP:ATT (Attribution). When exactly did this happen? I'm
> surprised there wasn't any discussion on this list.

Hi Steve, the merge process started about four months ago. It was a
simple merge with no changes, and the list was informed. The aim was
to get the two policies on one page, tighten the writing a little, and
get rid of the word "verifiability." This was causing confusion for
new editors because they thought it meant they had to check that
material was true, which is what "verify" usually means, rather than
simply checking that it had been published elsewhere.

Sarah