[WikiEN-l] A much neglected aspect of quality - Bibliographies

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 19:41:41 UTC 2007

On 30/06/07, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What bothers me is the unclearness of the idea of a
> 'bibliography'. I've run into this in a number of my articles
> - in an article about an author, say, does a Bibliography
> contain a comprehensive listing of his works, ...

Not to mention comprehensive bibliographies of a single work:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Battle#Publication_history

(I twitch a little any time I see a single ISBN quoted for a book when
it isn't clearly referring to a specific edition, but I guess it's
better than nothing)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk