[WikiEN-l] What To Do When Your Company Wikipedia Page Goes Bad

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 15:19:23 UTC 2007

--- Slowking Man <slowkingman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 00:47 -0700, Cheney Shill wrote:
> > Interesting.  A remarkable insight.  So not only is
> > Wikipedia not NPOV or trustable, but it's OK because
> > encylopedias, including textbooks, in general are not
> > considered reliable sources by higher education.  Could
> > get the references that showed that consensus among
> > professors also refused other encyclopedias and not
> just
> > Wikipedia?  Do they have any findings with regard to
> other
> > reference sources, such as textbooks and dictionaries?
>
> like; if Wikipedia were somehow certified as completely
> neutral and
> reliable by some hypothetical authority, it would still,
> as a tertiary
> source, be no more appropriate as a cited reference for
> the kind of work I'm referring to.

No more appropriate according to what?

> As far as data on professors' views of Wikipedia, I don't
> have anything
> at my fingertips, but I'm speaking more about a general
> principle than
> the current views of a majority of professionals in
> higher education.
> From personal experience, I /can/ state that in

Oh, no more appropriate according to your original,
unsourced, unverifiable personal claims.  You're an expert?
 A scholar?  Essjay also had lots of personal scholarly
experience to share.  LOL.

~~Pro-Lick
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Halliburton_Shill
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pro-Lick