[WikiEN-l] Rootology's new site

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 22:44:09 UTC 2007

On 6/28/07, michael west <michawest at gmail.com> wrote:
> The place to discuss problems is within the project.

That is a rather simplistic view of things.  Our problems get blogged,
web boardded, show up on Usenet, and from time to time on CNN, the New
York Times, etc.

> Creating new sites that
> back-stab (ok I agree there is a way to debate on that site) is just boring.
> And despite all its good intentions the talk pages are meant to provoke.
> Leave the project and slag it off, it doesn't help anybody, it just shows
> the conceit some ppl have for their own opinion. Will they have sysops, i
> seriously doubt it.

I don't know who are admins there and who aren't, but they have some
people going around cleaning up stuff which violates the standards
they've set.  And the standards are reasonable, on first inspection.

A functional feedback system works best with both internal and
external critics.  We've had a fairly bad string of luck with external
critics either being transient or just really bad.  Rootology could
end up doing us a world of good if this works out, by setting up an
external forum for non-rabid, ongoing thoughtful challenging criticism
of the WP project.

Who knows how it will turn out, but you never know.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com