[WikiEN-l] Rootology's new site

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 22:04:25 UTC 2007

On 6/28/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:

> I haven't seen many people run off Wikipedia who didn't badly need to
> be run off in order to allow the rest of the million or so editors
> enjoy the project.

Most people get blocked/banned for continuously doing "X"  after
polite requests from reasonable people to stop doing "X". A reasonable
person would do something else on Wikipedia besides "X" or go
somewhere else where "X" is acceptable. (go play elsewhere) Most of
the people who get blocked/banned were only here to do "X" in the
first place.

These are the people who are claiming they were "abused" when the only
thing that happened to them was that they were prevented from doing
"X" on Wikipedia which is "just a website". How does this compare with
people who suffer real abuse in real life?