[WikiEN-l] Why are veterans so militant of late; The Future. (was Bus Uncle)

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 27 16:19:22 UTC 2007

on 6/27/07 10:49 AM, Eugene van der Pijll at eugene at vanderpijll.nl wrote:

> Marc Riddell schreef:
>> One more volley: Like it or not - threatening to some or not; what's needed
>> here is a strong leader.
>
> Why?

Eugene, I believe I have answered this question many times, in many ways, in
my past posts.

> What exactly would this strong leader do?

The specific details of their role would need to be worked out by many more
heads than just mine.

> Would he take over the
> functions of existing Wikipedia structures (WP:RFA, maybe? DRV? ArbCom?)

Certainly not "take over their functions", but, rather oversee them; to keep
them honest, fair, accountable, and on track.

> Or do you see anything that needs to be done that is not done today?

Full, active, day-to-day oversight of the Project.

Marc