[WikiEN-l] Essjay and BADSITES and dead links... oh my!

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Wed Jun 27 02:41:45 UTC 2007

On 26 Jun 2007 at 14:35:29 -0400, "The Cunctator"
<cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/25/07, Kamryn Matika <kamrynmatika at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/26/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> > >
> > > The wikidrama continued in the [[Essjay controversy]] article over
> > > the last 24 hours.  First, various people edit-warred over the

[snipped a lot of stuff... we all should do some quote-trimming so
things don't get out of hand]

> > i suspect that your continued rantings and overuse of sarcasm & targetting
> > of various editors is going to do more to harm your cause than help it.
>
> I believe the only editor he targeted was you. Oh, and MONGO. I don't
> think two editors == various editors.

Actually, it seems I've mentioned at least four editors...
[[User:KamrynMatika]], [[User:ElinorD]], [[User:MichaelLinnear]], and
[[User:MONGO]]... well, five if you count [[User:Essjay]], and maybe
even six (didn't [[Teresa Nielsen Hayden]] show up herself as an
editor?).  Of course, I wasn't actually "targeting" all of them; I
was favorable or neutral to some of them.

> > you would be much better off spending your time making reasonable, rational
> > arguments presented in a calm, non-accusatory manner and attempting to
> > engage the editors you disagree with in proper discussion as opposed to
> > bitching about them on the mailing list
>
> I get the impression he's tried engaging with editors like you and
> MONGO and is now quite exasperated.
>
> Maybe you should defend your decision to block an editor who was
> properly sourcing an article. Which seems pretty indefensible to me,
> but I have a limited imagination.

Ummm... wait a minute, ElinorD was the one who did the block.
User:KamrynMatika, who you're replying to, was the one who *got*
blocked.  Big difference!

--
== Dan ==