[WikiEN-l] WP:FICT rewrite

SonOfYoungwood at aol.com SonOfYoungwood at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 20:52:18 UTC 2007

In a message dated 6/26/2007 3:23:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
cunctator at gmail.com writes:

There  are certainly not sufficient secondary sources to support every
element of  the episode / character entries which are based primarily
on the primary  sources. For example, take a look  at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Goren.

Is this an  irresponsible article of fancruft?  I certainly don't think
so. As an  infrequent viewer of the series, I found it profoundly
helpful. Note that  the majority of the sources are from episodes. Some
are what may be  considered secondary material (interviews on season
DVDs) but I could see  people claiming that doesn't count as secondary
material  either.

When all those characters are combined together, enough sources can  probably
be squeezed. The cast of characters article wouldn't be very  long, either;
when the OR, redundant story retellings, and trivia  are weeded out, each entry
would probably only be 2-4 paragraphs. I'm sure  the cast of characters as a
whole have been mentioned in reviews (I've  googled a few media site reviews,
which discuss how the importance of the  characters has evolved from previous
series, how points of view have  changes, and how certain characters like
Goren overshadow others. another  mentions how and why certain characters were
brought back for the game). I saw a  site with "character insight" interviews as
well. All of this can be added  into a "reception and criticism" section in a
cast of characters article, and  with the interviews describing several of the
characters, the amount of real  world info would be enough to show notability.