[WikiEN-l] BLP Just a quikie

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 19:29:25 UTC 2007

On 6/26/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 03:33:30 +0100, "michael west"
> <michawest at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Sorry Tony you misunderstood meant dates of birth (certainly not address
> >unless you live in Buckingham Palce)! Mike
>
> Several people think we should not include dob for living individuals.

Who?  Where?

Several is a long, long way from consensus, that's for sure.  There's
a reasonable argument of how far we should dig to find a date of birth
if one is not readily accessible, which goes into original research as
well as invasion of privacy, but if a date of birth is readily
obtainable, I see no reason not to place it in the article.

Since "Who's Who" is generally written with the cooperation of the
subject, one could generally assume that a DOB stated in that
publication is both accurate and OK by the subject.

-Matt