[WikiEN-l] Troll, troll, troll

The Mangoe the.mangoe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:59:47 UTC 2007

On 6/25/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:
> >> It's an accurate use of the term if it's describing someone who keeps
> >> resurrecting an issue with a view to causing trouble around it.
> >That is assuming bad faith, in spades.
> Not assuming, Slim Virgin speaks from experience.

I speak from experience too, Fred; and since my experience goes back
before the Great Renaming, I'd say it is quite considerable. And I see
a distinct difference between people who are stirring up trouble for
their own entertainment, and those who, rightly or wrongly, are
persistent in pressing a particular issue. It is a tempting
rationalization to call the latter "trolls", but it is way too
self-serving a politcal and rhetorical a tactic.