[WikiEN-l] Attack Site Wars, Episode VII... The Return of the Essjay

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 23:45:44 UTC 2007

On 6/25/07, Anirudh <anirudhsbh at gmail.com> wrote:

> the media coverage was because Wikipedia is a famous website, Essjay was
> not, is not. He came into limelight only because of the controversy
> created
> on the website.

That is a good summary.

Would this piece be of any value after 10 years? I think not.

You are almost definitely wrong. Why don't we wait 10 years, and if it's of
no value, we can delete it then. Deal?

It is a serious BLP violation and should be deleted.

A violation of what? It's an assiduously accurate and well-sourced article.

Imagine something like
> this having repercussions for the rest of your life for something which
> you
> did in your teens.

Essjay is not a teenager. He is an adult. And I'm sure that many people can
well imagine having repercussions for the rest of their life for something
which they did in their teens, so I'm not sure why you brought up that
irrelevancy.

Sir Nicholas