[WikiEN-l] WP:FICT rewrite

SonOfYoungwood at aol.com SonOfYoungwood at aol.com
Mon Jun 25 20:42:06 UTC 2007

In a message dated 6/25/2007 3:01:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
saintonge at telus.net writes:

The  whole exercise seems to be devoted to substituting one version of
bafflegab with another, although I dod note that a section in the
current guideline encouraging people to be bold is being completely
excised.  What people need to know about an article on fiction is  that
it is in fact fiction.  That is all we need to know about  whether
something is in or out of our universe.  We need to keep  things simple.
We need to recognize that many minor characters and  incidents probably
don't have enough information available to warrant a  full article, but
we need to approach that with great flexibility.   Some small incidents
like the knocking at the gate in "Macbeth" can have a  lot of unexpected
dimensions.
Yes, but such "simplicity" would allow for hundreds of articles explaining
every detail of every mecha or minor character, as long as it begins with "____
 is a fictional character..." Why should fiction notability be held to lower
standards than the rest of Wikipedia?