[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia as a cult

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 00:59:22 UTC 2007

3 years? that is total bullshit. I have been contributing only since August
of 06, and I have been deeply involved in all sorts of heated and
influential deletion discussions surrounding policy interpretation. I have
had my views respected and heard bc of the clarity and (I hope) veracity of
my interpretation. Wikipedia is a meritocracy. No matter how long you've
been around, if you have a strong argument you will be heard. It is simply
that most new editors ignore policy and only argue around semantics. This is
naturally ignored for the most part. But once any new editor who figures out
what they should be using as evidence, they can be heard.