[WikiEN-l] Admins shouldn't shoot back

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 24 22:55:56 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 08:52:42AM -0400, The Mangoe wrote:
> There is another problem with using the projects as core organizing
> points.A lot of them are organized around interest in a particular
> controversial subject, and therefore present POV issues. I imagine
> that most Christianity project members are Christians, and that  most
> Anglican project members are Anglicans, and so forth. And then we get
> to the LDS project and the LGBT project and we would end up with, um,
> problems. (Not to mention REALLY sending Merkey of on a tear.)

I think this is overly pessamistic and does not agree with my experience.
People who form a Project that invariably will attract people who "belong"
in the sense you suggest, step over backwards to ensure that their local
guidelines fit the core policies. They are often more critical of
articles on non-notable topics than other editors might be.  I think we
should all accept good faith here. I much bigger problem is the way some
editors who do not understand the topic really muck up the article. They
can join a Project but the Project will sort them out.

Bduke