[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia as a cult

michael west michawest at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 00:28:02 UTC 2007

The heading was to gain attention - i did not say Wikipedia was a cult (One
can leave at any time etc), although it does have aspects of that like you
say Wikilawyers. My end point is that wikipedia is not a great place for
inexperienced wikipedians. Mentorship is a little wikilove or behave you've
been a bad boy. If anyone can contribute to an article and an article has
some notability, the cite warriors (sometimes listing three sentences in the
same paragraph, when its quite obvious they all came from the same source),
and Notability counters in Afd - no nobility with less than 10,000 google
relevent hits, should leave well alone.

Mike33