[WikiEN-l] Blog Entries (Bauer fork)

Nick Wilkins nlwilkins at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 23:39:35 UTC 2007

On 6/24/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/24/07, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/28/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Not really. Blogs have no editorial oversight, and their contents are
> > > ephemeral - that is, they can change without notice, leaving evidence
> > > of that change.
> > >
> > Newspaper stories online regularly change without notice.
>
> When they makes changes they note that the online version has changed.

(Please ignore the gmail-blasted previous post from me...)

The "they" here is a bit broad for such a generalization.  Some do, some
don't.  Of course, that's true for blogs as well--the more conscientious of
them will note changes.  The relative prevalences of such a practice between
the two media, of course, is certainly something that could be discussed,
but to say that all newspapers note changes to their online versions is
about as accurate as saying no blogs do.

-- Jonel