[WikiEN-l] Changing the AfD process (Was: Re: [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again)

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 05:10:23 UTC 2007

I intended more than that. of course closers should-- and mostly do--
ignore diversions and trolls and sockpuppets; that part is fairly
easy. To decide between two interpretations of policy, both plausible
and put forth in good faith, or between two conflicting statements of
policy is another matter, and I do not see how anyone can do it
without injecting his own views about what the policy or the
interpretation ought to be.  Most closings go right because most
people who close are sensible themselves. But not all.

On 6/23/07, White Cat <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
> If Article A was undergoing deletion, any comment not relevant to why that
> article should be kept/deleted, any comment that is not relevant to the AfD
> covered can be considered as trolling. There should be fairly simple reasons
> why an article should be kept/deleted. Any irrelevant discussion should be
> discouraged if not out right banned.
>
> Judging an AFD isn't that hard so long as you do not treat it like a vote.
> It is as simple as protecting a page or blocking a user or editing an
> article for that matter. If a judgment isn't a part of an AFD closure, we
> are simply promoting sockpuppetry/meatpuppetry.
>

>     - White Cat
>
> On 6/23/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> >
> > On 22 Jun 2007 at 17:23:26 +0300, "White Cat"
> > <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Trolling should be strictly forbidden. Anyone trolling on RFAs, VFDs,
> > CFDs
> > > should be immediately blocked rather than given any slack. Trolling
> > itself
> > > should also be removed. If people are not able to give a rationale
> > reasoning
> > > they shouldn't be participating in the discussion anyways.
> >
> > How exactly do you define "trolling"?  Labeling one's opponents in
> > any debate as "trolls" is just as unfair a tactic as trolling itself.
> >

> > --
> > == Dan ==
> > Dan's Mail Format Site: http://mailformat.dan.info/
> > Dan's Web Tips: http://webtips.dan.info/