[WikiEN-l] Changing the AfD process (Was: Re: [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again)

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 07:19:12 UTC 2007

a policy of "let the better arguments win" requires someone to judge
who has the better arguments. A policy which permits any one of a
thousand people to step up and declare himself the judge is not
adapted to doing this well. Their inability to judge is manifest by
the way they argue themselves--most of the admins, myself included,
have definite views on many things, and the only things we can judge
neutrally are the things we know so little of that we cannot
understand. (that's why I have never closed an XfD--I know my limits)

On 6/22/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> On 22 Jun 2007 at 17:23:26 +0300, "White Cat"
> <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Trolling should be strictly forbidden. Anyone trolling on RFAs, VFDs, CFDs
> > should be immediately blocked rather than given any slack. Trolling itself
> > should also be removed. If people are not able to give a rationale reasoning
> > they shouldn't be participating in the discussion anyways.
>
> How exactly do you define "trolling"?  Labeling one's opponents in
> any debate as "trolls" is just as unfair a tactic as trolling itself.
>

> --
> == Dan ==
> Dan's Mail Format Site: http://mailformat.dan.info/
> Dan's Web Tips: http://webtips.dan.info/