[WikiEN-l] Deleting over 45000 items

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Jun 22 13:29:27 UTC 2007

On 6/21/07, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:
> Anthony wrote:

> >> Sure, but would the first time have been better had you been simply
> >> told the ending? Watching a film a second time and watching it for the
> >> first time having been told the ending are very different things.
> >>

> > I don't know, for those three movies I think I would have enjoyed the
> > first time of watching them more if I was told the ending.
>
> I think that's a great thing for you to decide for yourself, and I have
> no issue with that.
>
> Some have expressed a view that we should decide that for all our
> readers, against the obvious wishes of the artists whose works we cover.
> I think that's a mistake, and a large one.

You can create an article for those who haven't read the book (or
watched the movie) and don't want to know the details about it.  Or
you can create an article for those who have read the book, plus those
who don't plan to read the book, plus those who want to know more
about the details before they read the book.  You can't, in my
opinion, create a good article that suits everyone.