[WikiEN-l] Beat Cop Syndrome, and is there anything I can do about it?

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 01:34:35 UTC 2007

To be perfectly honest, public humiliation works surprisingly well.

What I mean by that is getting the user to defend himself to those he
considers his peers. For example, by making a stink about the militaristic
attitude of the Counter Vandalism Unit I got them to change their logo to a
cute anime maid from the original pseudo-official swat-team logo and they
moderated their language. And by "I got them" I mean "enough other people
got involved, many of whom are considerably more diplomatic than me". Which
was really all that was needed, since the intentions were good.

It sounds like this is a similar case.