[WikiEN-l] Changing the AfD process (Was: Re: [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again)

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 23:42:05 UTC 2007

> On 6/21/07, Tony Sidaway <tonysidaway at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Absolutely.  We seek to minimise the potential harm where that is
> > possible without compromising the encyclopedia.
>
> As soon as you bring in things not directly related to writing the
> encyclopedia in (and do no harm isn't at least outside the article on
> wicca) you compromise the encyclopedia.

I think this is true only if you think that information is neutral,
irrespective of the form of presentation.  Why would I not want to put
my son's excellent academic record, or my beautiful and talented
daughter's photograph, on a notice on every telegraph pole in my
neighborhood?  I've nothing to be ashamed of, I'm a proud father, and
they're both adults, so why don't I just go ahead and do that?