[WikiEN-l] Deleting over 45000 items

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 20 17:29:28 UTC 2007

Ken Arromdee wrote:
> ...nobody's going to be able to restore 45000 spoiler warnings;
> deleting them is easy, but restoring one is impossible without reading
> the whole article to figure out where the right place for them is.

Not to condone the mass deletion (which I'm annoyed if not
outraged at myself), but:

Has no one yet written a bot to iterate over all the
contributions from a particular user over a particular time
period and undo them, perhaps with oversight?  I was thinking
of writing such a tool to clean up after persistent vandals
and bots run amok, but it'd obviously be useful here, too.