[WikiEN-l] Elimination of unreferenced articles drive?

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Tue Jun 19 23:05:59 UTC 2007

David Goodman schreef:
> > At 02:58 PM 6/19/2007, Eugene van der Pijll wrote:
> >
> > >Eliminating unreferenced articles does not mean finding sources for
> > >every fact. It just needs one for each article.
>
> This is what people may actually do, and it of course makes a farce of
> the whole thing.

Yes.

> At that level of referencing, I could probably do
> about 50 an hour, on any subject about which  books have been written,

Indeed.

> But who does this help?

It helps two groups of people:
* The editors who think that every article should have at least one
  reference or they should be DELETED!!1!!!1!
* The readers who want to read an article that would otherwise have been
  deleted by the editors who think that every article should have at
  least one reference.

Sourcing like this is not about improving the quality of the article,
but about keeping useful knowledge available for those who need it.

gr,Eugene