[WikiEN-l] Deletionism fails to serve the readers

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 21:37:46 UTC 2007

On 6/19/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:25:19 -0400, "The Cunctator"
> <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >We've always been a target for vanity, spam and all manner of
> >self-serving crap. See BJAODN.
> >(Not to say that things don't change when you're in the top of nearly
> >every Google search, just that people have feared and fretted over
> >vandals and barbarians from day one.)
>
> Difference: the reward is now greater, and with it the determination.
> I think people like Jason Gastrich have showed us this.

Of course one of the thing that people consistently fail to recognize as
they get into an arms race is that if you build walls and locks and
passcodes and mazes people will find that a lot more interesting game to
play than if it's just change and be changed back.

Soft Security is better than Hard Security.