[WikiEN-l] Jayjg: Abusing CheckUser for political ends?

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 12:37:08 UTC 2007

On  0, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> scribbled:
> Ah, thank you.  So at any time someone, say a checkuser, could have asked
> her to provide confirmation...
>
> R.

Just confirmation that the same person who provided the hash was the same person providing the secret. The secret doesn't actually have to be contact information or anything fancy - we just recommend that because it provides a third way of verification and contact information tends to be lengthy (and as we all know, longer passwords/secrets == better).

--
gwern
JOTS ISACA NCSA ASVC spook words RRF 1071 Bugs Bunny Verisign Secure ASIO Lebed