[WikiEN-l] Editing with open proxies

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 01:43:27 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, Sheldon Rampton <sheldon at prwatch.org> wrote:
> Slim Virgin wrote:
>
> > On 6/18/07, Sheldon Rampton <sheldon at prwatch.org> wrote:
> >> Jayjg ... added ominously that *someone* has been
> >> leaking information about deleted pages to Wikitruth.
> >
> > There's no question that someone with at least one admin account
> > posted deleted material to Wikitruth. How else do you imagine it got
> > there?
>
> I agree that it's likely (though not 100% proven) that someone with
> an admin account posted deleted material to Wikitruth. This doesn't
> alter the fact that Jayjg went off-topic by bringing up Wikitruth in
> the context of this discussion, which is about editing with open
> proxies (and raising it as an issue in user CharlotteWebb's RfA).

Wikitruth was brought up days ago, not by me, and I only brought it up
in the context of the kinds of things that rogue admin accounts can
do, which was being discussed at the time. I did not specifically
attach that to CW's RFA, and this discussion has been extremely
wide-ranging, not simply restricted to open-proxies. You presenting it
in this way is misleading, highly prejudicial, extremely selective,
and frankly, unfair.