[WikiEN-l] Editing with open proxies

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 00:35:44 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, Slim Virgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If that doesn't work, a more active technique of inserting fake
> > information as a watermark definitely would.
>
> Could we really have a different watermark for every account that
> viewed the page? If people knew this was being done, would they be
> able to remove the watermark (assuming they were technically
> competent)?

Uniquely watermark the displayed page?  Easy, for moderately viewed pages.

Watermark the wiki source views/edits?  Very hard.

The difficulty is in making changes that are content-neutral.  Adding
extra period or spaces or the occasional 1<->l  O<->0 swap in text
documents are harmless.  In wiki source, not so harmless.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com