[WikiEN-l] Admins shouldn't shoot back

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 21:03:51 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> on 6/18/07 4:10 PM, Ray Saintonge at saintonge at telus.net wrote:
> >> I was describing, not prescribing. For better or worse, your RFA is
> >> the place where you essentially voluntarily put yourself under the
> >> microscope. In a way, it's like a job interview, with all that
> >> entails.
> >>
> > It's quite rare for a company to put all job interviews on a closed
> > circuit TV network to its entire staff so that even the most menial
> > employees can vote on whether that interviewee will get a management job.

It has happened, famously, with some workers' cooperatives, and they
inevitably fail for obvious reasons. Yet we persist in doing it here
-- and worse, because we have no idea who our "menial employees" are,
or whether we have one person filling several jobs -- using the excuse
that adminship is "no big deal." Ditch that attitude, and we would
quickly find a way to deal with some of our problems. So long as it's
in place, there's no will to find creative solutions.