[WikiEN-l] A narrower concept of boldness

Eagle 101 eagle.wikien.l at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 16:50:09 UTC 2007

Ignore all Rules is common sense written into policy.  The concept behind it
(at least to me) is that if ignoring the rules help you improve the
encyclopaedia (and that is your intent when you ignored the rules), there is
a decent chance that you are doing something right, even if it does not meet
our policy XYZ, section 3, subsection c. How it is to be used is another
matter, when ignoring the rules you probably have a decent rational behind
why doing so improves the encyclopaedia, otherwise its hard to justify
should someone ask. Merely shouting IAR when you don't like a particular
rule is not useful. But if you ignore the rules and the net benefit is to
the encyclopaedia (yes that thing we are trying to build ya know ;) ) then
its likely a useful action (edit whatever).

Ignore all rules is intended to be hard to pin down, to avoid codifying how
to ignore all rules ;).

----

-- Cheers!, Eagle 101