[WikiEN-l] Trojan admins, is it a real problem?

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 13:23:19 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > We've had hacked accounts deleting the main page for one.

But those weren't necessarily "them". I assumed those were otherwise
good faith admins who picked goober passwords.

> We also had an admin sockpuppet account un hard-blocking TOR proxies
> and then soft blocking so his other sockpuppets could use them.

You might have something there. Did you examine the approval process
and previous editing patterns of these accounts?

> And
> somehow Wikitruth has access to every single deleted page on
> Wikipedia.

Those could have been grabbed before they were deleted. Just snarf up
everything that has an AFD/prod/speedy tag on it and stick it on
Wikitruth if it does get deleted.