[WikiEN-l] Editing with open proxies

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Mon Jun 18 12:51:44 UTC 2007

On 6/17/07, ElinorD <elinordf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Charlotte was Support Number 56 at
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship/Armedblowfish,
>
> a page which at the time of her vote was devoted to discussion of the whole
> issue of policy and open proxies. This was at 02:28 on 5 June 2007. She
> accepted her own admin nomination at 18:52 on 14 June 2007. Is it likely
> that she supported Armedblowfish without even looking at the previous
> comments?

I took a quick look at the RfA and I didn't see anything about the
policy beyond the fact that TOR IP addresses are routinely blocked.
In fact, considering that the first 55 votes are all support votes it
seems to me that anyone reading that page would assume that there is a
clear consensus that there is *not* a policy banning people from
editing using TOR.  Armedblowfish came right out and said that ey
intended to do it, and 55 people unanimously agreed that it was an
acceptable thing to do.  Seems to me like a clear consensus that it's
perfectly OK to edit Wikipedia using TOR.