[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia, a world without borders with borders?

b m shoombooly at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 17:15:24 UTC 2007

(lagging behind because im new and being moderated)...anyway, the reference
issue IS being discussed on the Dutch wikipedia, but it just doesn't catch
on apparently.

As for copyrighted images...did wikimedia ever contact the 5 largest media
conglomerates and as nicely if they could use their copyrighted images
(album covers, movie posters) in wikipedia? If necessary watermarked to
prevent them being used as illegal covers? Most media are controlled by few
companies, surely it could be done to get permission, it's in their interest
too to have more exposure and info about their artists and such.

I mean, what's an article about "Abbey Road" or "Dark Side of the Moon"
without the album cover....?
We Dutch read articles about music without seeing album covers or other
copyrighted media, that's a bit of a shame, because describing it and seeing
it are two different things altogether!