[WikiEN-l] the elephant in the room

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 07:10:44 UTC 2007

Slim Virgin wrote:

> The concern with CW was in part the use of proxies, in part the low
> level of content contribution, and in part his/her unwillingness to
> explain, even by e-mail, why s/he was using open proxies. It's this
> last point that has attracted a lot of the opposition on the RfA. All
> in all, it added up to a worrying picture.

Maybe if that concern had been voiced at an earlier stage, before CW arrived
at RFA, the appearance of "putting the boot in" could have been avoided.

I note that I still have no answer as to why, if so many CheckUser people
were already aware that CW was appearing on the list of people using Open
Proxies, nobody had seen fit to quietly inquire as to what was going on.

True enough, CW had still not answered when I last checked, but maybe this
is natural given the tone and venue of the question...
--
Phil