[WikiEN-l] The real Occam's razor and AGF: stop it before it begins

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 22:42:03 UTC 2007

On 6/17/07, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> If anonymity services are really that much of a problem we should've blocked
> AOL ages ago (we know it is possible). It is offering more or less the same
> functionality.

Since AOL proxies now pass XFF headers, they are no longer useful for
anonymising; thus the problem there has gone.

The issue with AOL, before XFF was available, was that many Internet
users were set to use those proxies by default.  This is not the case
with TOR, the use of which is optional.

-Matt