[WikiEN-l] Deletionism fails to serve the readers

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Jun 17 21:29:57 UTC 2007

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:14:56 +1000, Mark Gallagher
<m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:

>AfD and RC Patrol and Wikiproject Spam and those CVU people and so on
>seem to have taken a different view of spam.  Remember when we had
>biased articles and said, "Time to rewrite this to be more neutral"?
>Remember when we said to those who wanted to have articles about their
>companies or whatnot in Wikipedia and we said, "Good authors are always
>welcome, just don't step out of line, punk"?

Yup.  You know what changed? Two million plus articles and a top ten
ranking.  Now we are the target of choice for vanity, spam and all
manner of self-serving crap, and we are not so short of articles or
editors that we get much back from the transaction.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG