[WikiEN-l] the elephant in the room

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Sun Jun 17 20:06:57 UTC 2007

The problem is that Wikipedia, for better or worse, has an inquisitorial system, with all the dangers such a system presents. We need to limit our investigations to harmful activities. Harmful activities cause harm, observable trouble. An administrator who uses open proxies but does not engage in vandalism or sockpuppetry is not producing observable trouble.

Fred