[WikiEN-l] Question for Jay and Slim: Checking EXISTING admins for open proxy use

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 14:38:41 UTC 2007

> One I can change in about 30 seconds to a
> pool that I suppose runs in the thousands

Those thousands are all in the same range though - a competent
checkuser wouldn't be fooled by that. (It might turn a "confirmed"
into a "likely", but that's all.) The problem with open proxies is
that there is no connection between the different addresses. When you
can access lots of WLANs there are all within 100m of eachother, or
whatever - a checkuser would probably be able to tell they were in the
same city.