[WikiEN-l] Question for Jay and Slim: Checking EXISTING admins for open proxy use

Joe Szilagyi szilagyi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 14:20:22 UTC 2007

On 6/17/07, Cheney Shill <halliburton_shill at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Why would they care?  After all, they're all admins
> rigorously following policy.  Correct?  Therefore, this
> just shows the community their willingness to apply policy
> equally to all editors.  Unless, of course, that's just
> hypocrisy and policy gets applied more equally to some
> editors.

Ding. No admin is above the law. Not the new new guy, not the new guy, not
the ex-arbiter checkuser, not the admin who's been around since 2003.

If this is truly policy, then anyone using open proxies needs to be held
accountable on it; if its an extra-access account, the *public* community
needs to know as demonstrated by Jay himself. The same standard applies to
Jay and Slim. I am calling on them to endorse their own standards on
themselves fully.

Regards,
Joe
http://www.joeszilagyi.com