[WikiEN-l] Question for Jay and Slim: Checking EXISTING admins for open proxy use

Joe Szilagyi szilagyi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 06:59:00 UTC 2007

Jay, I will answer your other direct questions tomorrow from the other
email. I'm short on time tonight.

1. If proxy usage by admins is "extra" wrong as you contend — and I agree, I
really do — shall we check every single existing admin or higher account for
them, to see if anyone is breaking this cardinal rule that is already in
power? Yes or no? If no, why not?

2. If one is using proxies, immediate revocation of all extra-special access
for violating Foundation policy, admin or higher. Admin. B'cat. Checkuser.
Steward. Clearly, as indicated by Slim and Jay on Charlotte's RFA, such
peoople have *NO* business with the tools. Yes or no? If no, why not?

3. Will both of you agree to immediate CheckUsering, reviewed by multiple
other checkusers/Foundation staff, and if you are found to be using proxies,
this is disclosed on-Wiki? Yes or no. If no, why not?

Given the nasty ruckus you initiated--and I was only one of the first to
draw attention to it; others were already after your actions on-Wiki--this
demands clear non-evasive answers from both of you to all three very easy
and clear questions. I am assuming you will both answer in Good Faith, as
you both on-Wiki stand by the No Open Proxies ideal very firmly. I support
this policy as well.

Will you stand by your convictions? Failing to answer is an option, but it
would cast a serious pall if you were unwilling to obey and endorse the same
rules, policies, and end results you have wrought on others.

Others may feel free to answer, or offer to be checked if they are admins,
of course.

Regards,
Joe
http://www.joeszilagyi.com