[WikiEN-l] Elimination of unreferenced articles drive?

Carl Beckhorn cbeckhorn at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 17 05:45:25 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 10:19:47PM -0700, Todd Allen wrote:
> Sourcing is a requirement from the very first edit made to an article.
> Not a nicety, not something you kinda work at before you're ready to
> bring it to FA or GA, a requirement. Just like articles should -never-
> be POV, they should -never- be unsourced. It's not "okay for a while."

You certainly know that that opinion doesn't reflect either current
policy or practice on enwiki.  About the only thing that's generally
agreed upon is that sourcing is important.  I have personally worked on
adding sources to unsourced articles, but the articles were still quite
useful to a reader before I added sources.

 - Carl