[WikiEN-l] Deletionism fails to serve the readers

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun Jun 17 05:29:47 UTC 2007

G'day Gwern,

> Dammit, I *hate* it when people mis-characterize the [[Sonia Greene]]
> thing. Like I told the Wired guy as well, Valrith didn't blank and
> redirect to H. P. Lovecraft because Sonia wasn't notable, he did it
> because the entire article was a tissue of multiple copyvios and
> there wasn't any material to be preserved or anything else that could
> be done (neither he nor I were Greene experts).

When faced with a poor article, I tend to prefer it to be a copyvio than
an original but dodgy work.  Why?

Because if it's a copyright violation, then we have ready-made sources
for rewriting!  Yay!  Of course, many people couldn't be bothered with
that sort of thing, not when there's inappropriate speedies to tag and
good edits to revert ...

--
Mark Gallagher
"'Yes, sir,' said Jeeves in a low, cold voice, as if he had been bitten