[WikiEN-l] Elimination of unreferenced articles drive?

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun Jun 17 05:05:13 UTC 2007

G'day Matt,
> On 6/16/07, Jossi Fresco <jossifresco at mac.com> wrote:
>> A Wikiproject to "eliminate unreferenced articles"?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Unreferenced_articles
>>
>> This seems a bit excessive.
>
> Well, it depends how that elimination is being done - by adding
> references is quite OK, for instance.  By nominating for deletion
> things that no references can be found for after an exhausting search
> is also OK in my book.

"Eliminate" suggests to me a process of saying, "If you cannot find a
reference within five days, this article will be deleted", then sitting
back, rubbing one's bejewelled hands together, eating candied starfish
and cackling over the scenes of your private torture chamber deep in the
bowels of your alpine mansion.

--
Mark Gallagher
"'Yes, sir,' said Jeeves in a low, cold voice, as if he had been bitten