[WikiEN-l] Editing with open proxies

Joe Szilagyi szilagyi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 20:54:35 UTC 2007

On 6/16/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> If being able to identify admins is that important, we should consider
> if the OTRS show-the-foundation-your-ID should be extended to normal
> admins.

An admin who is doing nothing wrong wound have nothing to hide from the
Foundation. If they're editing from a situation however, where they
shouldn't be--say, work conflict of interest, personal risk, extreme
concerns for privacy--they they perhaps shouldn't be admins.

This is a fantastic suggestion, and to protect the Foundation from liability
from people acting as it's agents, likely very overdue.

Regards,
Joe
http://www.joeszilagyi.com