[WikiEN-l] We're growing up (was [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again)

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 01:34:32 UTC 2007

Anthony wrote:
> On 6/15/07, Todd Allen <toddmallen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> geni wrote:

>>> In theory yes. In practice that doesn't work in all browsers and hits
>>> problems when people redo the headings in the list.
>>>

>> {{sofixit}}
>>

> LOL, not sure if that was serious or a joke, but fixing it would
> require what, infiltrating all browser companies and making their
> products not suck?

Was more intended around "if the heading changes the redirect won't work
to the heading anymore." In practice, I've seen this happen very, very
rarely, and the redirect can certainly be changed to match the new
header (fixing it). As to browsers, I've never had such a problem with
Firefox, I just tested with Epiphany and it worked fine, and I've never
had any such problems with IE. (Can't test that now, but I might try it
next time I use a public Win machine.) What does it -not- work with?
I've seen that bogeyman brought up when merges were discussed before,
but no one seems able to say -what- it doesn't work with.